We’re hiring an experienced chat show producer to lead an exciting new podcast.
Western Sound is a podcast production company based in downtown Los Angeles. We’re seeking an experienced talk show producer with a proven track record of working independently and making creative & compelling shows that surprise and delight.
This producer will lead a new conversation show involving political and celebrity A-listers, so you should have a strong knowledge and interest in news, politics, pop culture, intersectional feminism, and California. You should be able to connect the dots between pop culture, politics and the great trends driving society toward the future.
Women and producers of color are especially encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants for this position will have most-to-all of these skills:
- Pre-production: you have experience booking high profile guests, pre-interviewing, working with complicated schedules, and making concise and complete briefing packets that lead to dynamic and engaging conversations.
- Production: you’re great working with talent, directing hosts, leading recording sessions (both in-studio and in the field), and can gently produce hosts & guests to get the best tape.
- Post production: you edit fast and efficiently to create natural-sounding, intimate stories and podcast episodes. You can manage the post production process to get from recordings to mixed, posted episodes.
- Strong interest and knowledge of state and national news & politics — you know the major and minor players; you’re following the election — and all the other news happening now on the state and local level.
- 3+ years producing audio, with some experience on breaking news coverage
- Demonstrable audio creativity
- Fluency in digital editing
- Very detail- and process-oriented, from tracking guest asks, to show production workflows, to filling-in all the required paperwork
- Ability to multitask and balance your work on this and other projects — we work as a team here at Western Sound
- Legit charged about about working very closely and collaboratively with extremely creative teammates
- Note: there will be a good amount of travel with this position, especially in the first few months leading up to and through the new show’s launch.
But really, the most important thing is your ambition and attitude.
We’re a fun, talented and motivated group looking for a new producer to join our core team. If you feel like you can step up and bring it, regardless of how many of the above boxes you check, please apply.
Job title: Producer
Salary range: 70k – 100k (commensurate with experience).
Location: Western Sound HQ in downtown Los Angeles
To apply: send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications due: Friday, January 24.
Western Sound puts diversity at the core of our business: our employees’ diverse backgrounds, orientations, histories, and cultures make our shows better, more interesting and more successful.
Western Sound is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by law.
Date Posted: January 10th, 2020