We’re hiring an experienced show runner to create a new kind of arts and culture show.
Western Sound is a podcast production company based in Los Angeles. We’re hiring a full-time producer / show runner with a proven track record of creating shows and leading teams. You’ll help create a new series that tells stories about popular culture with a broad lens.
This producer will work very closely with Executive Producer Ben Adair and this program’s host to find and tell fun and important stories about the linkages between pop culture and the fabric of American life.
We’re looking for someone who’s creative, smart, organized and can manage and motivate a team. Someone who thinks deeply about Pop and has a broad understanding and interest in how seemingly small cultural moments can profoundly affect all of our lives. We’re in a unique cultural moment. This show will figure out how we got here.
Western Sound is a small team that works very closely together, so there will be lots of opportunities to grow, learn and collaborate. This is a senior hire that will help shape all of our shows and influence the work that we, as a company, make.
Folx from diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- You have 7-10 years experience producing audio, podcasting preferred
- You have organized and run big projects before — limited series, shows, or other big things
- You’re very good at Pro Tools, or a similar audio editing program
- You have experience editing long form audio — thinking about characters, narratives and how complicated stories work
- You think deeply about format, approach and how to produce things better and more creatively
- You have experience inspiring others to make their best creative work — either directly managing a team, or leading by example
- You have a love for pop, and also a lens and perspective on how pop works
- You are frustrated by how podcasting (and media in general) have been covering pop
- You have ideas for how to make podcasts that use the medium better and more effectively
- You’re very communicative and can work independently
- You’re a natural collaborator and enjoy working in groups
But really, the most important thing is your ambition and attitude — we’re a talented and motivated group looking for a new person to join our core team. Does your current job / company hold you back from creating bold, impactful work? Do you yearn to unleash your ideas and creativity through a show like this? If you feel like you can step up and bring it, regardless of how many of the above boxes you check, please apply.
Job title: Producer
Salary range: 95k – 125k (commensurate with experience).
Location: Los Angeles, California
To apply: send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: “Pop Culture Show Show Runner.” Include representative samples of your work — both audio samples and something that gives us a sense of your organizational / managerial skills.
Application deadline: April 5, 2021.
Western Sound puts diversity at the core of our business: our employees’ diverse backgrounds, orientations, histories, and cultures make our shows better, more interesting and more successful.
Western Sound is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, disability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by law.
Date Posted: March 16th, 2021